The Blue Ribbon Committee (BRC) will serve as the advisory committee to the Taurus World Stunt Awards show. This group is comprised of leading stunt professionals and reputable members of the stunt community.
The main responsibilities of the BRC include, but are not limited to, the review of all disputes and issues as they pertain to the rules and procedures of the Taurus World Stunt Awards (TWSA). In addition, the BRC will nominate and select the annual recipients of the Lifetime Achievement Awards along with provide a key source of feedback regarding the ongoing development of the Taurus World Stunt Academy.
Guidelines for the Blue Ribbon Committee:
- The Committee shall consist of stunt industry professionals who shall serve on the Committee for a minimum of two (2) award show periods.
- All appointments to the BRC are made by personal invitation and shall be approved by the Taurus World Stunt Awards organization.
- Committee membership will be representative of the many different areas found within the professional stunt community.
- Information about the BRC will be made available in both print and on the official Taurus World Stunt Awards website.
- The Committee will be chaired by an executive of the Taurus World Stunt Awards organization who shall have voting powers in the event of a tie.
- BRC decision-making shall be guided by the Rules and Procedures Manual of the Taurus World Stunt Awards.
- Committee decisions shall be made by a majority vote.
- In the event that a Committee member experiences a conflict of interest on an issue, he or she shall abstain from voting on that issue.
- BRC shall nominate and select the annual recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- The BRC shall address and have final authority to resolve issues that include, but are not limited to the following:
- Member Eligibility
- Submission Eligibility
- Categorization of Submissions
- Award Category Descriptions
- Nomination Selections
- Voting Procedures
- General Policies of the TWSA
- The BRC shall nominate and select six (6) Blue Ribbon Committee members to serve on the Taurus Foundation Board for a minimum period of two (2) years.
- The Committee is responsible for providing feedback on the Awards program, operations of the Taurus World Stunt Academy and on the operations of the Taurus Foundation.