Welcome to the Taurus World Stunt Awards™! In the tradition of Hollywood’s finest awards presentations, the best stunt men and women in the entertainment industry will be recognized for their extraordinary performances in the best feature films of 2020.
Taurus™ statuettes will be given out to those men and women that have been selected by the members of the Taurus World Stunt Academy for doing the most outstanding work in each category. The submissions process is open to anyone who wants to see a stunt person or sequence be recognized, however, the voting process is only open to the Academy members. Membership into the Academy is free and is available to qualified stunt industry professionals. In addition, all are eligible to apply for financial assistance from the Taurus™ World Stunt Awards™ Foundation. Members that have been hurt or disabled in a work related accident are eligible and are encouraged to apply for the Taurus Foundation; a grant established to give financial assistance to those that are no longer able to work due to an injury. All grants will be distributed once annually.
Due to the global pandemic caused by COVID -19, all matters of rules and eligibility for the 2021 Taurus World Stunt Awards are subject to change based on national guidelines, state-mandated government orders, and Academy-determined best practices.
January 1, 2020 – February 28, 2021
Film Eligibility Period
March 19, 2021
April 16, 2021
Deadline for Membership Registration
May 24, 2021 to June 11, 2021
Taurus World Stunt Awards Ceremony
Taurus World Stunt Awards™ in the form of a Taurus™ statuette shall be given annually to members of the Taurus World Stunt Academy for outstanding stunt and stunt-related achievements in eligible motion pictures in the following categories:
This award is for fights with or without weapons. Stunts in this category include street fighting, boxing, wrestling and martial arts. This award will be given to the principle stunt performer, whose work is featured on screen in the final released version of the film.
Best High Work
This award is for stunts involving high work of any kind. Eligible stunts in this category include but are not limited to jumps, falls, dives, bungee jumping, descenders and other stunts performed on or in relation to such things as bridges, buildings and terrain. This award will be given to the stunt performer.
Best Stunt Rigging
This award is for the technical rigging of a stunt. Rigging may include descenders, ratchets, and other rigging equipment. This award will be given to the key rigger.
Best Work With A Vehicle
This award is for driving work involving vehicles of any type including, but not limited to cars, vans, trucks, buses, heavy equipment, motorcycles and mopeds. It also includes stunts performed in, on, under or otherwise engaged with vehicles of any type. Eligible stunts in this category include but are not limited to crashes, chases, turnovers, ramp jumps, cannons, getting hit by, bailing from, leaping onto and dragging from a vehicle. This award will be given to the principle stunt performer and/or the principle stunt driver where appropriate.
Best Specialty Stunt
This award is for stunt work not encompassed by the other categories. It includes but is not limited to fire work, water work, work in a motorized aircraft of any kind and specialized work with bicycles, skateboards, snow skis, roller blades and other roller sports, and may also include stunts such as water skiing, parachuting, paragliding and hang gliding. This award will be given to the stunt performer.
This award is intended for the stunt performer taking the hit. Stunts in this category include but are not limited to being hit by, thrown into or landing on an object that is either staged or practical.
Best Overall Stunt By A Stunt Woman
This award is for the best overall stunt performed by a female in a motion picture of any genre. Stunts in all film categories are eligible as long as they fit eligibility criteria and may have been nominated in another category.
Best Action in a Foreign Film
This award goes to the Stunt Coordinator for best stunt coordination throughout an entire foreign motion picture of any genre.
Best Stunt Coordination and/or 2nd Unit Direction
This award goes to the Stunt Coordinator and/or 2nd Unit Director for best stunt coordination throughout an entire motion picture of any genre.
Blue Ribbon Committee
The Blue Ribbon Committee (BRC) will serve as the advisory committee to the Taurus World Stunt Awards. This group is comprised of leading stunt professionals and reputable members of the stunt community. The main responsibilities of the BRC include, but are not limited to, the review of all disputes and issues as they pertain to the rules and procedures of the Taurus World Stunt Awards (TWSA). In addition, the BRC will nominate and select the annual recipients of the Lifetime Achievement Awards along with providing a key source of feedback regarding the ongoing development of the Taurus World Stunt Academy.
Guidelines for the Blue Ribbon Committee:
- The Committee shall consist of appointees; all stunt industry professionals who shall serve on the Committee, shall serve for a minimum of two (2) award periods.
- All appointments to the BRC are made by personal invitation and shall be approved by the Taurus World Stunt Awards organization.
- Committee membership will be representative of the many different areas found within the professional stunt community.
- Information about the BRC will be made availableon the official Taurus World Stunt Awards website.
- The Committee will be chaired by an executive of the Taurus World Stunt Awards organization who shall have voting powers in the event of a tie.
- BRC decision-making shall be guided by the Rules and Procedures of the Taurus World Stunt Awards.
- Committee decisions shall be made by a majority vote.
- In the event that a Committee member experiences a conflict of interest on an issue, he or she shall abstain from voting on that issue.
- The BRC shall nominate and select the annual recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- The BRC shall address and have final authority to resolve issues that include, but are not limited to the following:
- Member Eligibility
- Submission Eligibility
- Categorization of Submissions
- Award Category Descriptions
- Nomination Selections
- Voting Procedures
- General Policies of the TWSA
- The BRC shall nominate and select six (6) Blue Ribbon Committee members to serve on the Taurus Foundation Board for a minimum period of two (2) years.
- The Committee is responsible for providing feedback on the Awards program, operations of the Taurus World Stunt Academy and on the operations of the Taurus Foundation.
To become a member of the Taurus World Stunt Awards, you must follow the outlined steps below and receive your official membership number and voting password from the Taurus World Stunt Awards office. All members will have the ability to vote on the awards, as well as be eligible to receive an award. Award nominees and winners are required to be Academy members.
Although membership applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis throughout the year, each application must be reviewed and approved by the Blue Ribbon Committee. Applications will be reviewed once a year at a designated time period that is determined by the Taurus World Stunt Awards office. Any and all applications received after the new membership deadline will be considered for the following year’s admissions period. In order to be considered, all new members must be referred by a current member of the Taurus World Stunt Academy.
The Blue Ribbon Committee holds the right to review any and all member applications should any question in eligibility arise.
The deadline for member registration for the 2021 Taurus World Stunt Awards is Friday, April 16, 2021.
In order to be a member of the Taurus World Stunt Academy and to participate in the Taurus World Stunt Awards, interested stunt performers must:
- Be a member in good standing of Screen Actors Guild (US performers) or other applicable performer’s union (non-US performers) and
- Have a current member referral and/or recommendation and
- Meet at least one (1) of the criteria listed below:
- A. Have a SAG stunt contract on five (5) feature films that meet all eligibility requirements. For more information please see film eligibility requirements and a list of eligible films.
- B. Be a member in good standing of a recognized stunt organization. Any questions regarding the definition of a ‘recognized stunt organization’ should be directed to the offices of the Taurus World Stunt Awards. Issues relating to this topic will be reviewed and decided upon by the Blue Ribbon Committee.
- C. Meet a “Body of Work” requirement. The Blue Ribbon Committee will make all determinations regarding this requirement.
Membership applications are available online at www.taurusworldstuntawards.com.
All incomplete forms will be considered ineligible. All information submitted is the property of the Taurus World Stunt Awards and will not be sold to any other group or organization. For more details please see our Privacy Statement in the Legal Details section in the Rules and Procedures document.
Performances for award consideration may be entered simply by completing an Awards Submission Form and providing verification as required by the Taurus World Stunt Awards. There is no limit to the number of qualified entries that you can make. Please review the following Submission Rules and then begin entering your performances according to the Submissions Procedures.
- Multiple submissions may be made in each category, provided they fulfill all eligibility requirements, however, a separate Submissions Form must be used for each entry.
- Only performances that appear in eligible films may be submitted. Please review the Film Eligibility Rules before completing your Submissions Form.
- Submissions may be made on behalf of a stunt performer by that performer’s agent, stunt association, stunt coordinator, studio or anyone else who would like to see that particular stunt be considered for the Taurus World Stunt Awards.
- Individual performances may be submitted or the awards competition may be entered as a group based on an ensemble performance of a stunt.
- In the event of an ensemble entry, only one (1) Submissions Form is to be used, however, each performer involved in the ensemble performance must be listed on the form. A maximum of 5 stunt performers will be considered nominees for each nominated stunt, as determined by the stunt coordinator of the film.
- Entries must be made on the Official TWSA Submissions Form. Photocopies of entry forms may be used. No substitutions will be accepted.
- Submissions Forms must be fully completed and must be completed in English. If handwritten, handwriting must be legible. Illegible Submissions Forms will be automatically disqualified.
- Submission verification as requested by the Taurus World Stunt Awards must be supplied.
- The deadline for submitting Award Entry Forms is Friday, March 19, 2021.
- Correct Award Submissions Form information is the responsibility of the entrant. The Taurus World Stunt Academy is not responsible for any incorrect ballot listings that are the result of any incorrect information on entry forms.
- Stunt performances that have been digitally enhanced or otherwise altered in post-production are subject to examination and review by the Blue Ribbon Committee in order to qualify for award eligibility. Eligible performances must include a true stunt performance whether or not enhanced or altered. Additionally, postproduction alterations made to visually remove stunt apparatus, such as cables, wires, rings, ramps, cages, and the like, are acceptable. The decisions of the Blue Ribbon Committee shall be final.
- Stunt coordinators will be required to identify via their Submissions Form, or when questioned by the Taurus World Stunt Awards, how stunts were executed and identify all digitally enhanced and/or altered sequences in order to be eligible. Falsifying any information will disqualify the submission and the stunt will not be eligible for nomination. The Blue Ribbon Committee will make all final decisions regarding digital enhancement.
- Performers must include time in and time out for each stunt sequence being submitted. The total length of time to be reviewed must not be more than three (3) total minutes. The footage can include multiple segments or clips from an overall sequence but the total footage cannot equal more than three (3) minutes and must be part of the same sequence. This will apply for all categories, with the exception of Best Overall Stunt Coordination and/or 2nd Unit Direction and Best Action in a Foreign Film. For these categories, the overall work of the entire film shall be considered. Any submissions that do not include time codes or submit segments longer than three (3) minutes will be considered ineligible.
- By submitting a performance for consideration, the performer grants the Taurus World Stunt Awards organization the irrevocable right to use his or her name, likeness, performance, attributes, voice and biography in connection with the awards program and related activities and the broadcast and dissemination of the program in all media now known or hereafter
devised, throughout the universe, in perpetuity, without payment or further consideration except for that required by SAG regulations.
- Performers agree to make all reasonable efforts to assist in securing all required consents and releases relevant to securing clips for use in the live awards show and the awards show broadcast.
The Blue Ribbon Committee has final authority over all issues relating to submissions eligibility and final category placement of submissions in the final nomination process.
It is easy to submit stunt performances for consideration. Forms must be fully completed, as described below.
- Go to www.taurusworldstuntawards.com; click on the Submission Form.
- Enter the performance by completing this form in its entirety. You will be prompted to provide all necessary information.
- You must enter the time in and time out for each stunt being considered.
- Complete all information required on the Submissions Form.
- Submit the form via mail to:
Taurus World Stunt Awards, Attn: Submissions
3940 Laurel Canyon Blvd. #236
Studio City, CA 91604, USA
- You must include the time in and time out for all stunts being considered.
All submissions entered will be reviewed and verified by the Blue Ribbon Committee and considered for nomination for the 2021 Taurus World Stunt Awards. Submissions will fall into one of nine (9) categories. For more detailed information on categories, please see category section of the Rules and Regulations Manual. Each stunt sequence submitted will be reviewed by the Blue Ribbon Committee. The top five (5) submissions in each category will be placed on the official ballot of the Taurus World Stunt Awards.
- Only completed, eligible submission forms and submission forms received prior to the deadline, Friday, March 19, 2021, will be considered for the nomination process.
- All submissions will be verified and reviewed by official screeners of the Taurus World Stunt Awards. Screeners will tally all eligible submissions and create a brief write up of each stunt sequence submitted for the Blue Ribbon Committee’s review.
- The Taurus World Stunt Awards will contact all stunt coordinators for details on how each submitted stunt was executed. This information will be used by the Blue Ribbon Committee in their selection process. Falsifying any information will disqualify the submission and the stunt will not be eligible for nomination.
- If a submission is determined ineligible by the Blue Ribbon Committee, it will not be considered for a position on the voting ballot.
- Only members of the Taurus World Stunt Awards Academy will be eligible for nominations. A maximum of 5 stunt performers will be considered nominees for each nominated stunt, as determined by the stunt coordinator of the film. If the stunt coordinator is unable to provide 5 or fewer stunt performers for nomination, the stunt will be withdrawn from nomination. This includes the Best Stunt Coordination and/or 2nd Unit Direction category.
- The nominees will be informed about their nomination by the Academy. An individual or all nominated members of an ensemble may withdraw submissions from nomination. Individual members of an ensemble may withdraw themselves, but the entry will stand as long as at least one ensemble member remains. The deadline for withdrawal of nomination is Friday, May 14, 2021.
- By nominating a performance for consideration, the performer grants the Taurus World Stunt Awards organization the irrevocable right to use his or her name, likeness, performance, attributes, voice and biography in connection with the awards program and related activities and the broadcast and dissemination of the program in all media now known or hereafter
devised, throughout the universe, in perpetuity, without payment or further consideration except for that required by SAG regulations.
- Once the final nomination list has been determined, the voting ballot will be created and distributed to all Taurus World Stunt Academy members. The voting period will then officially begin.
Only Taurus World Stunt Academy members are eligible to vote for the Taurus World Stunt Awards. Voting is a two-tiered
process involving both the members of the Taurus World Stunt Academy and the Blue Ribbon Committee. The Taurus World Stunt Academy will screen all eligible submitted entries for authenticity and confirm the stunt professionals title and role. Voting will be done by both online and written ballots. All voting must be received prior to 12 Midnight PST on Friday, June 11, 2021. Ballots received after this deadline will not be considered eligible. Incomplete ballots will not be considered eligible.
Members will have the opportunity to submit one vote in each category. Only current Academy members are eligible to receive an award. Below please find the complete voting rules and regulations:
- All eligible entries will be placed on a single ballot, which shall contain the name of the film, the stunt performed and a detailed description of the stunt.
- Voters will review all nominated entries and will select their top choice in each category.
- Members may only vote once during an awards year.
- In the event of three (3) or less entries in a single category, the Blue Ribbon Committee will review the entries and have the option of deciding if the category will appear on the ballot and/or if the award in that category should be deferred for the year.
- The ballot will contain a written description of each stunt being nominated. The Blue Ribbon Committee prior to the ballot being created will approve all written descriptions.
- Voting will close at 12 Midnight PST, on Friday, June 11, 2021 All votes received after this time period will be considered ineligible.
- All votes will be received and tallied by a an independent third party auditor.
- All disputes or conflicts regarding the ballot or tabulation process will be addressed and handled directly by the auditor.
- Should there be a tie for 1st place, awards will be given for all performances tied.
- In the event that an entry appearing on the ballot is withdrawn or otherwise deemed ineligible, it will be replaced by the performance that received the next highest number of votes.
- Member ballots are confidential.
- Ballots will be tabulated and announced during the Taurus World Stunt Awards.
Each member may vote only once. Members may select one of two to vote: written ballot or online ballot. Online ballots will be available on the official website of the Taurus World Stunt Awards at www.taurusworldstuntawards.com. Written ballots will be sent via mail to each member’s household. Only registered members of the Taurus World Stunt
Academy may vote.
- In order to vote online members must have their username and password.
- Online voters go to www.taurusworldstuntawards.com and enter their username and password in the voting area.
- Prompts will lead voters to the ballot page.
- Once on the ballot page, the official ballot will appear. Voters must follow the step-by-step instructions to complete the ballot.
- Votes must be conducted in one area at a time. Voters will be given the opportunity to review their ballots prior to submission. Once the ballot has been submitted, no changes will be made nor will the voter have access to his/her ballot.
- All online votes are confidential.
- Votes must be received prior to 12 Midnight PST, on Friday, June 11, 2021. Any ballots received after this time will not be considered eligible.
- Hard copies of the ballots will be sent via mail to each registered member of the Taurus World Stunt Academy.
- Ballots must be filled out completely and received by the auditor before the voting deadline of Friday, June 11, 2021. Any ballot that is not filled out completely or arrives after the voting deadline may be considered ineligible.
- Membership ID numbers must be included on all ballots.
- All written ballots will be received and tabulated by the official accounting firm of the Taurus World Stunt Awards.
- All membership ID numbers will be verified against the Taurus World Stunt Awards membership database. Should the membership ID not be included on the ballot, the ballot may be considered ineligible.
- Once the ballot has been submitted, no changes may be made.
- Members may only fill out one ballot.
Conditions, Rights and Releases
Taurus Awards will be given to each winner only upon each winner’s signing of a release form, which will be provided by the Taurus World Stunt Awards, in which the award winner, on behalf of him or herself and all heirs:
A. Agrees not to reveal his or her status as a winner to anyone outside of the Taurus World Stunt Awards organization prior to the Taurus World Stunt Awards ceremony.
B. Acknowledges receipt of the copyrighted and trademarked statuette.
C. Agrees not to sell or otherwise transfer ownership of the statuette. and
D. Agrees to allow his/her name, likeness, voice, performance, attributes and biography to be included in the awards night event and subsequent broadcast, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without further consideration.
World Stunt Awards, Taurus and Taurus World Stunt Awards are the property of the Taurus World Stunt Awards Foundation and may not be used except in accordance with our guidelines or with special written permission.
The Taurus statuette is the property of, and all rights are reserved by, Taurus World Stunt Awards Foundation. The Taurus statuette may not be reproduced or used in any commercial manner unless otherwise permitted by Taurus World Stunt Awards Foundation, it being understood that possession of the same is solely for the benefit of the recipient and the recipient’s heirs or successors in interest. If a recipient or the recipient’s heir or successor in interest proposes to sell or otherwise dispose of the Taurus statuette, such persons shall be obligated to return the statuette to the Taurus World Stunt Awards Foundation, which will retain the same in storage in memory of the recipient.
The Taurus World Stunt Awards makes no guarantee that the awards show will happen, that it will be broadcast, or that any particular performer, performance submission or clip will be included in the show or broadcast thereof.
Personally identifying data including, but not limited to, address, telephone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses will be known only to the Taurus World Stunt Awards organization and will not be sold to any other group or organization. Any demographic and/or profile data collected will be used to tailor your experience at our site and to personally get in touch with you when necessary and/or to present you with news and information regarding our services and activities. We may also disclose personally identifiable information in an aggregated basis to our marketing, advertising and promotional partners. However in such situations, you will in no way be personally identified. Lastly, we may also disclose individual user information if required to do so by law, for example, pursuant to a court order.
If you no longer wish to receive communication from us, please forward your request to email@example.com or via mail to Taurus World Stunt Awards, Attn: Communication, 3940 Laurel Canyon Blvd. #236, Studio City, CA, 91604, USA. You may request to view information you have provided to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to Taurus World Stunt Awards, Attn: Information Request, 3940 Laurel Canyon Blvd. #236, Studio City, CA, 91604, USA. If you find any errors in this information, please contact us and we will make every effort to correct the error.
The Taurus World Stunt Awards website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. No personal information will be shared with linked websites. We use current industry-standard technology to maintain the confidentiality and accuracy of the information you provide to us. However, we cannot absolutely guarantee that information you submit to us will be free from unauthorized third-party intrusion. Because the technology supporting our website is changing rapidly, we may revise this policy from time to time. Changes to this policy will be posted on our website, so please check there periodically.
The Taurus World Stunt Awards is designed to honor stunt performances in eligible feature films as described by the criteria appearing below. For your convenience, a list of eligible films is included in this brochure. If you appeared in a film that is not on this list and you believe it meets the eligibility requirements, please contact the Taurus World Stunt Awards office.
The Blue Ribbon Committee and the Taurus World Stunt Awards have the right to make the final determination in all questions of eligibility.
- A motion picture is considered eligible if it is over 60 minutes in running time and exhibited between January 1, 2020 and February 28, 2021. Motion pictures with a previously planned theatrical release but made available through commercial streaming or on “video on demand” (VOD) may be eligible.
- A film from another country other than the United States is eligible if it meets all other eligibility requirements and contains English subtitles if released in a language other than English.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, motion pictures are not required to have a theatrical release during the eligibility period. They must have intended a theatrical release and had a commercial streaming or VOD release.
- Documentaries are not eligible.
International Feature Film
- Foreign Language Film is defined as a feature length motion picture produced outside the United States of America with a predominantly non-English dialogue track.
- The film is considered eligible if it is over 60 minutes in running time and exhibited between January 1, 2020 and February 28, 2021. Motion pictures with a previously planned theatrical release but made available through commercial streaming or on VOD may be eligible. The film should have been advertised and exploited during its eligibility run in a manner considered normal and customary to the industry. The picture need not have been released in the United States.
- All stunt coordinators, directors and performers being considered must be of the country of origin.
- All countries are invited to submit its best stunt work in as many different eligible films available, however, only one action film per country will be selected by the Blue Ribbon Committee for the final ballot.
- In order to be considered, all official submission forms must include a cast and credits list, a brief description of the stunts in English and a copy of public notification of exhibition (for example: advertisement in newspaper). Stills from the film and movie posters may also document the submission.
- Best Action in a Foreign Film will be voted upon by Blue Ribbon Committee members.
- The Taurus statue will be awarded to the Stunt Coordinator, 2nd Unit Director and/or stunt performers as determined by the Blue Ribbon Committee.
- Foreign Language films may be considered in other TWSA categories provided they meet the eligibility requirements for those categories. Please see Eligible Films section for more detail.
3940 Laurel Canyon Blvd. #236
Studio City, CA 91604
© Taurus World Stunt Awards. All rights reserved.