The Taurus World Stunt Academy currently has over 1,000 members and is continuing to grow each year. To become a member, you must follow the below steps and receive your official membership number and voting password from the Taurus World Stunt Awards office. Once a member you will be listed in our membership directory, which can be found on the official Taurus World Stunt Awards website. In addition, as a member you will have the ability to vote on the awards, as well as be eligible to receive an award. Award nominees and winners are required to be Academy members.
Although membership applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis throughout the year, each application must be reviewed and approved by the Blue Ribbon Committee. Applications will be reviewed once a year at a designated time period that is determined by the Taurus World Stunt Awards office. Any and all applications received after the new membership deadline will be considered for the following year’s admissions period. In order to be considered, all new members must be referred by a current member of the Taurus World Stunt Academy.
The Blue Ribbon Committee holds the right to review any and all member applications should any question in eligibility arise.
The deadline for member registration can be found in the Calendar.
In order to be a member of the Taurus World Stunt Academy and to participate in the Taurus World Stunt Awards, interested stunt performers must:
- Be a member in good standing of Screen Actors Guild (US performers) or other applicable performer’s union (non-US performers) AND
- Have a current member referral and/or recommendation.
And meet at least one (1) of the criteria listed below:
- Have a SAG stunt contract on 5 feature films that meet all eligibility requirements. For more information please see film eligibility requirements and a list of eligible films.
- Be a member in good standing of a recognized stunt organization. Any questions regarding the definition of a ‘recognized stunt organization’ should be directed to the offices of the Taurus World Stunt Awards. Issues relating to this topic will be reviewed and decided upon by the Blue Ribbon Committee.
- Meet a “Body of Work” requirement. The Blue Ribbon Committee will make all determinations regarding this requirement.
Membership applications are available online at www.taurusworldstuntawards.com or by contacting the Taurus World Stunt Awards office at +1-323-468-4011.
For Online Registration:
- Go to www.taurusworldstuntawards.com, click on the Academy area and on the Registration area. This will take you to your personalized member page. The registration form will appear in an online format.
- Fill out the form in its entirety. All incomplete forms will not be considered eligible. All information submitted is the property of the Taurus World Stunt Awards and will not be sold to any other group or organization. For more details please see our Privacy Statement in the Legal Details section in the Rules and Procedures document.
- Submit your headshot and resume online. The website will step you through how to do this. But if you are unable to complete this step online, you can print your application and mail it along with your resume and headshot to the Taurus World Stunt Awards office, Attn: Membership, 3940 Laurel Canyon Blvd. #236, Studio City, CA 91604, USA.
- A written or email confirmation will be sent to you once your application has been reviewed
*For questions regarding updating your contact information or what to do when lost or forgotten member ID, please see online instructions.